If you have fire & smoke damage in your home
- First, call ERX to board up open windows, roofs, or other penetrations in order to prevent additional damage.. for quick professional service.
- Clean and protect chrome trim on faucets and other brightwork by washing with detergent and applying a coating of Vaseline or oil.
- Blow off or brush-vacuum loose smoke particles from upholstery, draperies and carpeting.
- Open windows for ventilation if weather permits.
- Empty refrigerators and freezers if electricity is shut off, and prop doors open with a rolled towel or newspaper to allow air circulation.
- Call a plumber to drain and blow out all water lines if heat is off in winter.
- Remove pets to a clean environment if heavy fire residues are present.
- Send a sample group of garments for cleaning and deodorization in order to observe the results.
- Wipe or attempt to wash fire residues from walls, ceilings or other absorbent surfaces.
- Use carpeting or upholstered furniture impacted by heavy residues or debris.
- Use food items or canned goods exposed to heat.
- Turn on computers, TV’s, stereos or electrical appliances until they have been cleaned and checked.
Storm damage can be caused by a hurricane, windstorm, heavy downpour or tornado and can range from minor damage to a total loss. We are always available to provide you with emergency services to protect your property and minimize any further damage. It is extremely important you contact a certified emergency service specialist right away; ERX will respond to your call immediately, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Consider safety first!
- Turn off your circuit breakers in affected areas, if possible.
- Unplug any appliances or electrical items.
- Call ERX immediately for your Board up & Tarp Needs.
- Enter any room/area that is potentially hazardous.
- Turn on A/C or heating, it might spread contamination.
- Use Generator inside house or any enclosed area.
- Go on the roof or attempt to make any repairs.
- Don’t worry… ERX is on the way!