No one likes to think of the potential problems and damage that could happen to their commercial or residential property. Whether your water damage is the result of a heavy rainfall and flooding or if you had a burst pipe or other plumbing issue, water damage needs to be handled by experienced professionals like ours at Emergency Restoration Xperts (ERX). Here are a few tips to get the best results from your water damage restoration.
• Call Restoration Experts Early- Water damage can occur quickly and often without warning. Don’t hesitate to get our professionals in to help stop the water and start cleanup– even if it’s during the middle of the night.
• Inform Your Insurance Company- After you have called a water damage restoration team such as ours at Emergency Restoration Xperts (ERX), call your insurance company and inform them of the issue. You do NOT need to call your insurance before you get the issue sorted out. In fact, many insurance companies would rather you minimize the damage and start to mitigate the situation.
• Work with Individuals and Companies You Trust- When you have people working in your home or commercial property, you have the right to choose companies and contractors you trust.
• Remove Damaged Materials- Water damage can turn into mold damage if you don’t immediately remove items such as upholstery, rugs, and other materials that have been saturated beyond saving.
• Start the Drying and Cleanup- Professionals like ERX have industrial-strength driers, fans, wet-vacs and more that are far more effective than standard, consumer-grade items.
• Smart Use of Technology Can Determine Dryness- With the smart use of sensors, monitors and meters, our team at ERX can determine exactly how dry your area is and what steps need to be taken.
• Start the Restoration Process- Once the damaged materials have been removed and the area dried, the restoration process can now begin.
• Prevent Reoccurrence of a Similar Problem- Determining the source of the problem and preventing it from reoccurring is essential to the water damage restoration process.