Do you think you might have mold in your home? There are several key signs to watch for that will help you know if you need mold remediation.
- Visible mold – If you have visible mold, then it is important that you get it taken care of quickly. The mold can colonize and reproduce quickly and negatively impact the air quality in your home.
- Water intrusion – Mold grows in areas that are warm and wet, so if you’ve recently had flooding or a leak of some sort, you’ll want to have the impacted areas checked for mold. It’s important to have this done by a professional as mold is not always visible.
- Discoloration – Mold will usually cause the surfaces it is growing on to change colors. Though many people think of mold as black, there are species of mold in many varying colors including green, red, brown, white, and even some pastel-like colors.
- Musty odor – Some species of mold produce a musty odor while colonizing. If you notice a musty smell, especially when accompanied with humid conditions, you could very likely have mold.
- Health problems – People with allergies or respiratory issues are especially sensitive to mold, but anyone can be affected. Some common health issues associated with mold are headaches, fatigue, congestion, or allergy symptoms.
When you suspect that you need mold remediation, we highly recommend you call trained professionals like our team at Emergency Restoration Xperts (ERX). We have the equipment and training to quickly identify mold and remove it safely and completely, as well as purifying the air from any spores that may exist.